Afraid to sleep
Against you close, your heart bared me.
It haunts me now as it did instantly.
When you broke into speech to question,
i felt myself die a million deaths.
I am unsure of what it is i need to know.
I sprung out, afraid of the haunting of my soul.
If one could ever be so fortunate, to submerge in gentle sleep,
i'd walk into the moonlight, to let you see me weep.
I am still up at 4 and my meeting's at 9, yet i dare not to put myself to bed.
It haunts me now as it did instantly.
When you broke into speech to question,
i felt myself die a million deaths.
I am unsure of what it is i need to know.
I sprung out, afraid of the haunting of my soul.
If one could ever be so fortunate, to submerge in gentle sleep,
i'd walk into the moonlight, to let you see me weep.
I am still up at 4 and my meeting's at 9, yet i dare not to put myself to bed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home